Six Things You Didn’t Know About the Dos Mares Tunnel
The majestic Resort at Pedregal is located on the most coveted piece of land in Cabo San Lucas — found at the southernmost tip of Mexico in Baja California, where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez. To offer an experience of unprecedented luxury, sophistication, and personalized service, we created the private Dos Mares Tunnel, a tunnel through the Cabo San Lucas mountains, which separates the town of Cabo San Lucas from the resort. Offering the ultimate, private experience, a trip through the tunnel starts with your drink order (a complimentary margarita — or drink of your choosing! — awaits you at the other end) and ends with dramatic, sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean.
Here are six things you didn’t know about our jaw-dropping entrance:
1. It took about nine months to dig the hole through the mountain. (Around the same time that takes a for baby to be born.)
2. It’s 984 feet long (300 meters), 21 feet tall (6.5 meters), and 28 feet wide (8.5 meters).
3. One couple bought out the entire resort and hosted their wedding dinner inside the tunnel.
4. Speaking of weddings, if dinner inside the tunnel isn’t your style, consider the photo opportunity. Couples that get married at The Resort at Pedregal have called it one of the property’s most iconic photo locations.
5. Dos Mares is the only privately-owned tunnel in Mexico. It’s the only way to arrive at The Resort at Pedregal.
6. Dos Mares means ‘two seas.’ And that’s because it brings together the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez.